It’s your special day! You want to be stunning and elegant, and your choice of hairstyle is quintessential to your overall appearance. The choices can be overwhelming, and for the already busy bride the selection process can be difficult.
Lea Journo, owner of the chic Lea Journo Salon at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, is a world renowned Parisian hair stylist embraced by her celebrity clientele. Having overseen hundreds of hair stylists and salons, as well as work on their most coveted projects, Lea is no stranger to helping a bride prepare for her special day – or a model prepare for an upcoming bridal shoot!
Here are Lea’s top wedding hairstyle tips:
· Get Creative: The undone look is the modern day bride’s classic choice, but these days we are seeing braids, fish tails, knots and more being incorporated into updo’s and side styles. Get fun and creative with your hair!
· Pay Attention to the Dress: When helping the bride choose a hairstyle, one of the main concerns is the style and cut of the neckline on the dress. If the bride is wearing a classic or traditional style dress then they must have a very classical hairstyle. If they are wearing a more modern or unique style dress then their hair must have a more fun and funky feel. The hair has to fit the dress and the personality of the bride.
· Take Care of Your Hair: Prior to their wedding day the bride should do weekly conditioning treatments to ensure that hey hair is shiny and strong the day of. If the bride colors her hair, she should have it done one week prior to the wedding.
· Don’t Procrastinate: To find the ideal wedding hairstyle, the bride and her hairstylist should always have a consultation and a few trials prior to the wedding. The bride should think about what she would be comfortable with and what will best fit the dress.
· Have Fun & Relax: Head to the spa with your girlfriends and prepare for what will be one of the best and most beautiful days of your life!