A simple style breakdown for men
It’s no secret that the bride’s wedding gown trumps all other decisions for the big day. But with so much effort put into finding that perfect dress, we believe the groom’s wardrobe deserves the same kind of care. To assist with your shopping quest, check out what’s trending for the groom this season.
– The look for 2016 is best described as Jay Gatsby meets James Bond.
– Grooms are opting for custom and tailoring to get that perfect fit.
– This coveted style points back to a classic two-button with a modern twist and a modern fit.
– Vests will continue to play a large role in the formal category.
– When it comes to formalwear, black is always a classic, but grey and steel blue (a.k.a. the “new blue”) will also be extremely popular.
– Subtle texture is popping up in formal suiting.
Tip: Choose a look that’s right for you. Don’t be afraid to
personalize your style with accessories and fit.
– Navy is the new black. Expect to see multiple shades of blue replacing the classic black suit.
– Steel blue – a midpoint shade between royal blue and navy – will continue to dominate.
– Subtle plaids and checks will also continue throughout 2016, especially in sport coats and accessories.
– White solids are a staple in menswear, followed by shades of blue and purple.
– The classic solid white shirt is more important than ever this year.
– Textured shirts, in the form of small rib effects and patterns, are gaining popularity. These subtle additions are always tone-on-tone and not usually visible from afar.
– Rounded edge details are back in a big way – especially in terms of belts and shoes.
– Burgundy is also making a comeback in clothing and accessories.
– Less is always more. Have fun with your accessories and don’t concern yourself with everything matching perfectly.
– The bow tie – in multiple patterns and shades – is everywhere this year.
– Remember, unlike the pocket square or statement sock that can stand alone, a bow tie should work with the shade of the suit, but doesn’t necessarily need to be a perfect match. W
Compiled by R. Legault with source mooresclothing.com.