Show Your Thanks with Gifts as Unique as the Guys in your Wedding Party
From the traditional to the quirky and unique, there is a wide selection of gifts available for grooms to give their wedding party. Often given at the rehearsal dinner, these gifts should take into account the personality and interests of the groomsmen, as well as the couple’s budget. Here are a few ideas that will help grooms get started with their shopping.
For the wedding day
Groomsmen often have to contend with tuxedo or suit rentals, as well as travel and a hotel room at the wedding location. Grooms can ease some of the party’s financial strain by covering some of the expenses of being a groomsman.
– payment for the tuxedo or suit rental
– cuff links, or other accessories for the wedding day
– custom-made dress short
Personalized groomsmen gifts
Personalized or engraved gifts are traditional and classic. Here are some of the most popular options.
– monogrammed cooler chairs
– personalized beer steins
– engraved hip flasks for the groom’s party
– monogrammed money clip
– personalized tote bag or gym bag
– engraved fountain pen
– personalized shot glasses
– personalized coasters
– key chain
– pocket watch
– monogrammed desk valet
– business card case
– monogrammed briefcase
Sports and leisure gifts
These gifts will keep the recipient thinking of their friendship with the groom long after the wedding is over.
– barbecue kit
– multifunction pocket knife
– poker set
– travelling bar set
– game tickets for the groom’s party
– concert tickets for the groom’s party
– personalized golf putter
– universal remote control
– personalized bar signs
– sports memorabilia
– grilling apron
– engraved baseball bat
– lighter and cigar cutter set, with cigars
Gifts of food and drink
Gifts of consumables are always a great idea. Grooms can personalize the gift by finding out their wedding party’s favourite brands and foods.
– groomsman’s favourite liquor
– membership to a wine of the month club or a gift basket of an assortment of beers
– home brewing kit
– gift basket of unusual hot sauces
– cocktail set with a book of drink recipes
Groomsmen travelling to the wedding
When the wedding party is travelling to a destination wedding, these gifts will come in handy not only during their trip but for future travels.
– toiletry bag
– travel alarm clock
– travel mug or aluminum water bottle
– gift certificates for activities and attractions at a destination wedding
Personal and grooming gifts
Personal pampering isn’t just for brides anymore! Here are some ideas to indulge the men.
– manicure and shave set
– framed photo of the groom and groomsmen
– grooming products
– a day at the barbershop or men’s spa
– shoe polishing kit
Unique and unusual gifts
These are definitely gifts with a sense of humour, and this is a great way for the groom to show how well he knows his friends.
– the gift of an experience, like a helicopter ride, driving a race car, bagpipe lesson or skydiving
– collectibles like comic books, action figures or movie memorabilia
– humorous USB flash drives
– gadgets: anything from a remote-control key finder to a digital camera mounted on a swim mask
The wedding party is a vital source of support for the bride and groom, both during the planning process and on the day itself. The groomsmen gifts should reflect and honour the groom’s relationship with the friends he has asked to stand up with him at his wedding.
*This story originally appeared in the Fall/Winter 2013 print issue of Ottawa Wedding Magazine.